While manufacturing of commercial therapeutic peptides started in 1952 in Malmo, Sweden the PolyPeptide Group was officially founded in 1996 through the acquisition of the Peptech facility in Malmo, Sweden, followed by the establishment of a US subsidiary in Torrance (USA) in 1997.
The Group has since then expanded through a series of acquisitions, the last of which being the NeoMPS Group in 2007, and through internal growth, the latest addition being our site in Ambernath India which is dedicated to the manufacturing of generic peptides and was inaugurated in 2009.
Today, the Group has 6 different manufacturing sites across the globe, two in the US, three in Europe and one in India serving clients with peptide needs throughout the world.
START OF COMMERCIAL THERAPEUTIC PEPTIDE MANUFACTURE AT MALMÖ IN SWEDEN
FOUNDING OF THE POLYPEPTIDE GROUP IN HILLERØD, DENMARK AND TORRANCE, USA
OPERATIONS START IN TORRANCE, USA
ACQUISITION OF WHERL GMBH AND PRAGUE POLYPEPTIDE LABORATORIES SRO.
START OF CONSTRUCTION OF INDIAN FACILITY NEAR MUMBAI
ACQUISITION OF THE NEOMPS GROUP
OPENING OF NEW MANUFACTURING PLANT IN STRASBOURG, FRANCE
ACQUISITION OF A NEW BUILDING IN TORRANCE, USA EXPANSION IN MALMÖ, SWEDEN INAUGURATION OF THE FACILITY IN INDIA
22 COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED AT POLYPEPTIDE
POLYPEPTIDE GROUP ACQUIRED THE NEW BUSINESS AND OPERATIONS OF LONZA IN BRAINE-L’ALLEUD, BELGIUM
MORE THAN 30 APPROVED ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS